Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blue Floral Tote

I've been in a dry spell with my bag making and yesterday I was determined to make one. I've been holding on to this blue floral cotton drill for a few years now but it was such an odd size, roughly 14' x 15'. I also have 2 bundles of fat quarter and had this cream floral print which didn't seem to go with anything but it was the perfect match for this bag.



This is a six pocket tote with deep pockets to hide all sorts of things. I didn't add any pockets inside as there are so many on the outside.  I still haven't bought any new magnetic snaps so I used a button instead. 



This is what the blue floral cotton drill looked like before I cut it up. I managed to use almost all of the fabric and just a bit left over for a small purse.



Up close.


Sewing at night with the kids all fast asleep.

3 comments:

  1. Oh me likey..... Nice one Cinda... Gosh you are just so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag Cinda - I love the fabric you used. It looks great with the button :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TQ. I think the material was from a left over dress project and the button was suppose to be for hubby's pants.... that's ok I have some more somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...