Friday, October 22, 2010

A birthday party to remember

This week seems to be one whole week of celebrations; a hawian themed birthday party, a glamour birthday party and a birthday party to celebrate the big day. All these three big celebrations are not for three different people but for one lovely lady who has reached a big milestone in anyone's lifetime..... the big 80!



Happy 80th Birthday


happy birthday

This week we had a chance to celebrate my hubby's aunty Junee's 80th birthday and her family went all out to show her how much she has meant to them and just a big celebration of her life. 


80 that's a real achievement for anyone and especially for someone who is still so full of life and enjoying every moment of it. She dances regularly and seems to lead an active life with lots of loving grandkids. I'm not sure how she does it with so much energy but I have to say I hope to be just a like her if I ever get to reach that age.


She's not the only one turning the big 80 this year, alot of other special people this year have reached that age... my dear YehYeh (grandfather in chinese) and my mother-in-law celebrated their big 80 as well. My grandfather is still just as active as before and not letting his diabetes or his non-driving status get him down. He's almost always out with my grandmother visiting friends by hoping on the bus or train. Nothing seems to stop him and he's still a passionate cook with a true love of family dinners with a spread of food worthy of a first class restaurant. I really miss his cooking! My mother-in-law is also a woman with alot to love for the family and has live through so much in her life so far. Raising a big family of 8 and a grandmother of over 20 plus grandkids to dote on her. 


So to the 80s kids of this year..... Happy Birthday and now lets celebrate again with another party this Friday night with good food, dancing and lots of birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...