Monday, October 4, 2010

Snap Snap Snap


I recently ordered my latest sewing gadget and it came in the mail a few  weeks ago. I have been looking forward to using them but it was just waiting to find the right project to test them out. So this is it my snap fastener tool set and a snap button set. 


So to test them out I sewed up this evening clutch in my red kimono fabric and matched it up with a floral snap. The tools didn't come with any instructions so I had to go back to the website to figure out how to use it. 


So basically you use the puncher to make a hole in the fabric and you have to use a hammer for this. Make the hole and place the top part of the button (the one with the pattern) in the hole. Turn it upside down and place the snap part of the button and use the other tool to flatten the inner part of the snap button so that it sets in and permanently stays in place. On the under part of the other fabric make a hole and place the longer snap into the hole and place the cover on the other side and using the domed tool hammer it in to set it. .... sounds easy... if you take the steps one by one it will all follow through.

And this is what it should look like. All snap buttons in place and ready to snap away.


This is the Red Kimono Clutch with a snap button.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Cinda, what a gorgeous snappy clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:) I'm slowly slowly trying to sew up stock for my Etsy shop but at the moment working at the midnight hour or when the little one goes to sleep during the day.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...