Friday, April 2, 2010

Just for the picking



My little homegrown tomatoes look so small and few. A handful of red, but not nearly enough, thumb size and almost ready.

I really couldn't say that I have a green thumb looking at these tomatoes. But they grew from a packet of seeds, a little soil, water and with a whole lot of patience they grew. Not the cascades of plump, juicy round tomatoes that I had expected just like the picture on the packet but it's a start.

.........slow, steady and 2 tomatoes later............

The veggie garden is my back balcony with just a bit of shade and where the clothes hang out to dry. I've tried before to grow something but never gone as far as seedling before it shriveled up and died. I have to say I'm quite proud of my 3ft tree with it's handful of tomatoes but when will I see and bunch full of these.........






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...